SIMPLY CÉLINE





Ever since I saw this Céline coat in my 'Vogue Collections', I've been madly in love with it. The simplicity makes this coat the ultimate modern fashion-statement. I love the clean lining. This is where we're heading. 
Céline is the future.
We are standing at the dawn of a whole new fashion-era. Sooner rather than later, we'll be done with the cute little skirts, the over-decorated gowns and shiny accessories. Everything will become smooth, clean and clear. A no-nonsense mentality that will give us true beauty instead of people hiding behind their glamour.
As Anna Wintour says: Fashion is about looking forward and not so much about looking at the past. Although I'm a great history fan, I somehow have to agree with hear. But I also think that the past can give us inspiration and wisdom for our future. Take this Céline topcoat for example. The use of red and blue as primary colors in combination with beige refers to the revolutionary and simple ideals of the 1920's artists. It came as no surprise when American Vogue used the coat in a 'Bauhaus' (A German school of architecture well-known for their very futuristic designs in the 1930's) themed shoot in their September issue. 
Enought about the future for now. More about this Céline coat. I love the straight lines, the materials and of course, It's size. I recently purchased a oversized coat for myself and I'm very pleased with it. I like the idea of just 'throwing on' a coat. It's super comfy and warm. But to rock this look your coat has to be simple and not decorated. Or else you'll look like you're dressed up like a christmas tree. 
Now this topcoat is immensely popular, It appeared in many foto's hoots. It was featured twice in the American Vogue September Issue and on the cover of Greek Vogue's October Issue. It looks so comfy and elegant at the same time. I think that's why I love these coats. I am actually dying to get it. I mean, it's oversized right? So it's perfectly possible for a man as well to try this coat on. 
Right?
Too bad it's $4400. If only I had that kind of money...




Simply Style By Aldo is on: