MY FAVORITE VUITTON | THE CAKE CASE









I've been stuffing my face with literature these past few weeks. My exams are coming up and we'lI be getting tests about some books we've read. Sadly I haven't read them all (yet). So I had a lot of catching up to do. I've come a long way the past days and I'll only have to read two small literary works and I'm done. But while I was at it, I also started reading again in the book of books. I wrote about this book before, my parents gave it to me last Christmas. 
As I was browsing through the book, I came across this funny little box. It's my birthday in a few weeks. So I thought, Like Marie Antoinette used to say, Let them eat cake.
The "Box for birthday cake", as it's originally called, was designed in 2004 for the 150th anniversary of the Louis Vuitton label. A competition was held to find the most original idea for a vuitton trunk. More than 1600 projects were submitted worldwide and this one, among others, was chosen as the winner. The design is by a Japanese woman: Tomoko Tashiro.
How could the company ever celebrate it's birthday whit out cake? She said
And who doesn't love cake?
The box is 28 by 28 by 28 centimeters and is made of wood. It can hold a cake (of course!) in it's original box from the bakery, protected by insulation pads. Furthermore the set contains four pastry-forks, a knife and a cake-server. And there's little compartment to keep birthday cards.
All in all this box is super cute. I sure wouldn't mind receiving my birthday cake at the end of the month in a box like this. But first I'll have to pass my exams, so I better start reading my literature books again. 


P.S. I've also started reading "the allure of chanel". A biography by Paul Morand. It's amazing to read the conversations between "Coco" and Paul. I could definitely recommend it to you!




Simply Style By Aldo is on: